Oakwood Community School has a vacancy for a Behaviour Mentor with experience of working with pupils who have social, emotional and mental health difficulties. In fulfilling the role you will be required to carry out the duties of a teaching assistant, working with pupils of all ages (5-16) with moderate learning difficulties as part of our SEMH provision.
You will be required to support the class teacher in the planning, implementation, recording and review of intervention programmes for individuals and small groups of children as required and in accordance with their EHCP plans. You will also be required to support groups of pupils in a range of activities both within the classroom and as part of delivering outdoor activities.
- Have recent experience of working with pupils with behavioural needs/SEMH (essential)
- Be computer literate (essential)
- Have a Level 2 Teaching Assistant Qualification (essential)
- Have experience of Team Teach or other physical restraint training
- Have excellent communication skills and be ablate work collaboratively with a range of partners including LSAs, parents, colleagues and multi-agency professionals, so as to meet pupils’ needs in a holistic manner
Oakwood School strives to offer the best education and care for its pupils. We pride ourselves on being creative and innovative and never settle for anything less than excellence. We endeavour to create a community where intimacy, warmth and trust is nurtured to provide a level of care that enables children to feel safe and respected, leading to long-term learning achievement.
If this sounds like the position for you please in the first instance apply by clicking on the link below.Apply Now